Gisele's Galliano Wedding Dress Is Smart


What does a woman who has the privelege of wearing anything she wants wear for one of the most important days of her life?

Something simple.
I love that she picked something low key. I'm pretty apalled by all the tacky wedding dresses women pick out these days — IE "Say Yes To The Dress"

(Photo from JustJared)


I personally would go for simplicity too.













Something like this Ralph Lauren floor-length silk dress from the Fall 2003 Ready-to-wear collection — worn by none other than Natalia Vodianova.

It's simple and understated, feminine, and has great movement at the bottom.

I've found myself on the couch in front of TLC's "Say Yes To The Dress" in the company of many people now and one thing everyone always says at least once during each episode is, "that is the ugliest dress
e v e r."

It's because women think that the dream dress they see in a magazine is going to fit and look perfectly on their body.

I think the general and well known appeal of those types of shows is that everyone knows that they're in for a train wreck if they tune in.

The entire premise of "Say Yes To The Dress" is to have the person purchasing the dress be their own misguided stylist. And to add to it, most of these ladies bring an audience of opinionated ladies and gentlemen that rip them to shreds. The sales person is really the useless one here because it is obvious they just want to make a sale.

And since we're on the topic of wedding dresses, I think these are pretty too:
(click to enlarge!)



Sadly, I don't know who designed these because as I was pulling images I forgot to label them.
Vera Wang? Marchesa? Marc Jacobs? Don't know!

9 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks like the first three are all from the same runway, so I'm inclined to say Monique Lhuillier, since "my" future wedding dress by her looks a lot like the first one. The funniest thing about wedding dresses is that even the most anti-wedding woman would be inclined to reconsider after seeing some of the amazing dresses out there.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I had a full up-do if you are interested in viewing my wedding pics for ideas, I would be more than happy to email them to you.

    Event & Wedding Services

    ReplyDelete